This is the National Registry
The registry forms the basis for the tax register, the electoral register and population statistics. An accurate national registry is essential to ensure that all citizens receive information from public authorities and that their rights and obligations are safeguarded.
Both public and private sector organisations use information from the National Registry. Access is however restricted.
N.B.! Skatteetaten.no is not a searchable database for personal or address information.
The National Registry contains information concerning the following, among other things:
- births, names, paternity and parental responsibility
- changes of address
- changes in marital status
- name changes
Who uses information from the National Registry?
- The tax authorities
- The election authorities
- Other public authorities such as the Norwegian Labour and Welfare Administration (NAV), the Directorate of Immigration (UDI), the Norwegian Immigration Appeals Board (UNE), the Norwegian Armed Forces, the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund, the Norwegian Public Roads Administration, the police, fire and ambulance services
- Statistics Norway (SSB)
- Banks and insurance companies
- Private organisations and individuals
Nytt folkeregister i 2020
Det nye Folkeregistret gir flere tilgjengelige opplysninger, enklere tilgang og nye standardiserte tjenester. I tillegg distribuerer Skatteetaten opplysningene selv.