Withholding tax - Tax return

Persons who are covered by the rules on withholding tax on pensions and disability benefits will be sent a Norwegian tax return in March of the year following the income year.

If you believe that all or part of your pension or disability benefit is tax free in Norway according to the tax treaty with the country you live in, you must change the amount that is entered in the tax return and enter the amount that is taxable.

Certificate of residence

The Tax Administration may require you to submit a Certificate of Residence issued by the tax authorities in your country of residence that expressly confirms that you're a tax resident there in accordance with the tax treaty with Norway. The Tax Administration may also require you to submit other documentation when only certain types of pension/disability benefits are tax-exempt, or there are other conditions for the tax exemption.

Here you will find help with the tax return.