Register or change bank account number for payments from the Tax Administration

To receive payments from the Tax Administration, you must log in and register an account number. If you wish to change the account number, log in and change to a different account number.

We cannot make deposits to bank accounts other than the one you have chosen yourself.
Bank account numbers that require a KID number cannot be used. 

Deadline for changing bank account number for the tax assessment

You should change the account number when you receive your tax return to ensure that you’ll receive payments to your preferred account.

If you change the account number too late, your tax refund will be deposited into the account stated in your tax return. It is the account that we’ve registered most recently that we use for such deposits. This also applies to payments related to new tax assessment notices for this or previous years. 

You can also register the following types of bank accounts:

If the taxpayer is deceased, you can register an account for payments of tax refunds to the estate of the deceased if you are responsible for the estate.

You can register an account and choose to receive payments from the Tax Administration into an account that is not yours. This type of account can be registered for a periode of up to three years.


We’ll send you a confirmation when the account has been registered. If you’re an online user, you’ll receive an email or an SMS when the confirmation is ready.

Cannot change the bank account number

If you cannot change the bank account number to your preferred bank account number, you can contact us in writing.

If your account number is missing

If you have not supplied us with information about your bank account, we can send you a giro for payment.

This will delay your refund and you risk paying a fee.

Banks may also have their own rules as to how the amount will be paid.

Norwegian giros for payment cannot be used abroad.


If the Tax Administration does not have your bank account details, and you’re registered with a foreign address, we can send you a cheque. 

This will delay your refund, and you will be required to pay a fee to cash the cheque.

In several countries, cashing a foreign cheque is no longer possible. We recommend you make inquiries about this before choosing this option.

Slik endrer du kontonummer for utbetaling

Filmen viser hvordan du sjekker hvilket kontonummer vi har registrert på deg og hvordan du registrerer eller endrer ditt kontonummer for utbetaling av skatt tilgode.