Form RF-1316

Certificate for tax and value added tax

You'll need a certificate for tax and value added tax when you have to obtain documentation of whether or not your business or you personally owe tax/value added tax.

Log in and complete RF-1316:

Order certificate

Who needs and uses certificates for tax and value added tax?

If for example you're a bidder, the client will often require a certificate for tax and value added tax. You may also need this certificate in connection with alcohol licences and certain other licensing cases. 

The certificate for tax and value added tax also states whether a business/person is registered in the value added tax register.

Where and when can I get the certificate?

The certificate will be produced automatically and sent to your message box in Altinn. The certificate is normally sent immediately provided you've submitted your order during ordinary working hours.

If you place an order outside ordinary working hours, you'll normally receive the certificate by the start of the next working day.

The issued tax certificate is a combined certificate that covers tax, employer's national insurance contributions and value added tax. This document has been electronically approved and therefore has no handwritten signatures. 

If you do not have the option to order electronically, you need to contact us.