Information about tax and duties
Your business can order their own information about tax and duties in Altinn. If you would like others to have a copy of the certificate, specify the recipient(s) when you order. The certificate is documentation of whether your business owe tax and duties or not.
The certificate for tax and duties states any outstanding amount, including interest. The certificate also states whether your business is registered in the VAT Register.
Who needs and uses certificates for tax and duties?
If for example you're a bidder, the client will often require a certificate for tax and value added tax. You may also need this certificate in connection with alcohol licences and certain other licensing cases.
To access the form, you’ll need one of the following roles in Altinn:
- Accounting employee
- Limited signing right
- Assistant auditor
Private individuals who want to order a tax certificate have to use the service RF-1316 Certificate for tax and value added tax.
Where and when can I get the certificate?
The certificate is a PDF document. The certificate will be produced automatically and sent to the company's inbox in Altinn.
The business you’ve specified as a recipient receives the certificate in their inbox. They’ll see who has made the order and who has been listed as the recipient’s contact person.
The certificate is normally sent immediately if you've submitted your order during ordinary working hours. If you place an order outside ordinary working hours, you'll normally receive the certificate by the start of the next working day.
If you want to share your certificate with private individuals, you can forward it via e-mail after you’ve received it in your inbox.
What does the certificate contain?
The certificate contains the following information:
- Key information about the business and the number of employees (retrieved from the Register of Legal Entities).
- First or last reporting period for the tax return for VAT and type of period.
- Value added tax for the last 3 reporting periods.
- Basis for employer's national insurance contribution for the last 3 reporting periods.
- Information about overdue unpaid taxes and duties.
- Information about assignments given to foreign enterprises in the Assignment and employee register.
The certificate has been electronically approved and therefore has no handwritten signatures.