Application for tax deduction card for foreign employee
If you're a foreign citizen working in Norway, you must have a tax deduction card. Here you can apply for a tax deduction card.
If you do not have an electronic ID you must either
- download and complete form RF-1209.
If you have a Norwegian national identity number or D number, you can send the application by post to:
I have a Norwegian national identity number or D number
Postboks 9200 - Grønland
If you do not have a Norwegian national identity number or D number, you have to book an appointment for an ID control. These tax offices perform ID control. Download, complete and bring form RF-1209
I do not have a Norwegian national identity number or D number
- or get your employer to apply for you. The employer can apply for you regardless if you have an electronic ID or not.
The tax deduction card is ready
The tax deduction card is normally ready within five working days. After you’ve applied for a tax deduction card, you’ll receive a tax deduction notice with information about which tax deduction card you have. You do not need to deliver the tax deduction card to your employer. Your employer retrieves your tax deduction card electronically from the Norwegian Tax Administration.
We recommend that you do the following:
- Change your browser to Chrome or Internet Explorer.
- Use only Western European characters (a-zA-ZæøåÆØÅ are approved).
- Write your text in the form. Do not copy/paste it in.
You can also get help by calling us on 800 80 000. We need to know the following:
- which browser you use, and which version (Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, etc.)
- if you use PC, Mac, iPad or telephone
- the exact time and date the error occurred
Consider taking a picture of your screen (screen shot) with your summation before you click “Godkjenn tekst” (Approve text). If an error occurs when you submit the form, we need this screen shot to find the cause in our logs.