We intend to separate

If you and/or your spouse/registered partner wish to terminate your marriage, one or both of you can apply to the county governor for a separation.

Only when you have been separated for one year can you apply for a divorce.

You must apply for a separation to the county governor in the county in which you last lived together.

During the separation period, you will still be formally married. Neither of you can therefore enter into another marriage during this period.