The first batch of tax assessment notices will be ready on 20 June.
Unfortunately, we cannot give you a specific date for when you’ll receive your notice. We cannot provide this information even if you go to a tax office, call us or use our chat.
There might be several reasons why you’ve not yet received your tax assessment notice.
Possible reasons you have not received your tax assessment notice:
- You submitted your tax return on paper
- You sent us paper attachments to the tax return
- You’re self-employed or married to a self-employed person
- You applied for an extended deadline
- You’ve been picked for a random check The Tax Administration carries out random checks, and so the tax returns selected for these checks are chosen randomly.
- You’ve not included all the required property information in your tax return. You can make changes/add information and re-submit your tax return. This way, you might receive your tax assessment notice sooner.
- You’re taxed under the PAYE scheme, or you’re a non-personal taxpayer (for instance a limited liability company). Your tax assessment notice will be ready with the final batch on 23 October.
- Your contact information is incorrect; therefore, you have not received your tax assessment notice.
- Go to norge.no to check your contact information.
- Your spouse will receive their tax assessment notice late. If you’re married, you will not receive your tax assessment notice until both your own and your spouse’s tax returns are processed.
If you did not receive your tax assessment notice on 20 June, your next chance is on 15 August. From then on, tax assessment notices will be sent out on an ongoing basis until 23 October.
To put it simply, the more complicated your tax return is, and the more attachments you have, the longer it will take to process it.