No provisional assessment on the tax return
If you've not received a provisional tax calculation on your tax return, it may be due to several things. Some of the reasons are listed below.
Possible reasons why you have not yet received a provisional tax calculation:
You have tax circumstances that make it difficult to give a provisional tax calculation
- You pay withholding tax: you live abroad, receive a pension from Norway and pay withholding tax on your pension.
- You run your own business or your spouse/spouse-equivalent cohabitant runs his or her own business. This also applies to businesses who are registered online users.
- You are resident on Svalbard or your spouse/spouse-equivalent cohabitant is resident on Svalbard.
- You are a diplomat.
- You are a resident abroad but have a liability to pay tax to Norway for real property, business activity, etc.
There is information missing in your tax return
- The list price of your car is missing
- The market value of the plot you own is missing
- The market value of your holiday home in Norway is missing
- Information on your residential property is missing
- Information on your retirement percentage is missing
- Information on gains or losses on foreign shares is missing
- You have a bank account abroad that is not pre-filled
You receive certain types of remuneration that make it difficult to give a provisional tax assessment
This applies if your employer has submitted one or more of the following remunerations via the a-melding:
- Salary and payments in kind, etc. earned abroad (LONN_UTL)
- Salary from the Norwegian State earned abroad (LONN_STAT_UTL)
- Bonuses in the armed forces (BONUS_FORSVAR)
- Payments in kind for work carried out abroad that are subject to withholding tax (NATURALYTELSE_UTL)
- Income from Jan Mayen and the Antarctic (JAN_MAYEN_ANTARKTIS)
- Net pay for work performed in Norway (NETTOLONN)
- Net pay for work performed abroad (NETTOLONN _UTL)
- Salary/remuneration not taxable for members of the national insurance scheme (SKFRI_LONN_TRYGDEPL)
The code in parentheses is the code your employer uses when submitting the a-melding.
Se en film om foreløpig skatteberegning. Filmen viser hvorfor du ikke kunne få foreløpig skatteberegning i skattemeldingen din, og hva du kan gjøre for å beregne foreløpig skatt selv.
Noen få leverer fremdeles skattemelding i gammelt format i Altinn.
Se en film som viser hvordan du kan få foreløpig skatteberegning når du leverer i Altinn.