Coronavirus - important information from the Tax Administration

Contact us

Popular topics:

Read more aboat moving and how to do it, whether you are moving within Norway, changing your postal address, moving to Norway or from Norway.

By 7 April everyone will have received their tax return electronically. Paper tax returns will be sent 7 April. After your tax return has been submitted, the Tax Administration will process it. When your tax return has been processed, you’ll receive a tax assessment notice.

Unfortunately, we're unable to give you a specific date on which you will receive your assessment notice, even if you contact us.

If you've overpaid tax, the money will be transferred to your account shortly after you’ve received your tax assessment notice. 

If you’ve not entered the taxable value in your tax return, you must enter the required information (primary room, construction year, etc.).

If you do not know the taxable value of your holiday property or plot of land, you must enter the market value. Then the taxable value will be calculated automatically.

If you’ve received a letter telling you that the taxable value of your property is missing and you have already submited and delivered the tax return, you do not need to do anything.


If you have a table-based tax deduction card: Your table-based tax deduction card will change your tax deduction automatically if your employment income is changed. You do not have to change your tax deduction card if only your employment income has changed. Remember to check that the other information on the tax deduction card is correct, for example debt interest and other deductions.

If you have a percentage-based tax deduction card: You must change your tax deduction card yourself if your employment income changes.

If the interest rate is reduced you should change your tax deduction card. If you do not pay debt interest, you must remove it from your tax deduction card.

For businesses, the deadline for submitting the tax return is 31 May. You can apply for an extended deadline up to the deadline of 31 May. The application is processed continuously and new deadline will be 20 August. Your receipt will be sent to your Altinn inbox.

You should log in and submit the tax return as soon as possible. 

Vi har flere korte filmer med tips til skattemelding og skatteoppgjør for privatpersoner og bedrifter. Her finner du gjerne svar på det du lurer på. 

Measures to limit the spread of the coronavirus:

All our advisers are working from home and they will do their best to help you.
Many people are calling us, so you may experience a bit of wait time.

Chat with us

Telephone us on 800 80 000

Callers from abroad, please call +47 22 07 70 00.

For English menu, press 9.

Opening hours are 09:00 to 15:30 on weekdays.

On Friday 30 April, the opening hours are extended to 09:00 to 20:00.

When you call us, you will hear 3 menu options. You do not need to wait until all the voice messages have finished before you press a key for an option. 

  • Press 1 if you are a person  
  • Press 2 if you are a business

Calls placed to 800 80 000 from a landline inside Norway are free of charge. From a mobile and for international calls, your own subscription rates apply. You can also call +47 22 07 70 00 at local rates from your mobile in Norway.

Ask us at Facebook

Write to us

You can’t email us. If you want to write us, you must log in and send a message via Altinn or by post to:

PO box 9200 - Grønland
0134 OSLO

Important information

Tax offices

On 2 June, several more tax offices started to offer ID controls in connection with applications for tax deduction cards, reporting a move to Norway or confirming paternity. Remember to book an appointment in advance. All other tax offices will remain closed until further notice The SUA offices are also open.

Help for foreign workers and their employers

At the Service Centres for Foreign Workers (SUA), foreign workers and their employers will receive guidance and help to complete applications. The service centres are located in Oslo, Stavanger, Bergen, Trondheim and Kirkenes. The SUA offices are open for booking appointments.

The Norwegian National Collection Agency is part of the Tax Administration. They carry out the collection and enforcement in cases from the police, and they collect on claims on behalf of many clients, for example the Norwegian State Educational Loan Fund, Husbanken and the Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority.

Contact information:

Telephone: 751 49 000
Postal address: Postboks 455, 8601 Mo i Rana
or use their contact form

The Collection Agency of the Labour and Welfare Administration is part of the Tax Administration. They collect on maintenance payments and incorrect payments following decisions from NAV.

Contact information:

Telephone: 210 51 100
Postal address: Nav innkreving, 9917 Kirkenes
or log in and use their contact form.

The Tax Administration has assumed responsibility for the tax collector's tasks, which were previously held by the municipality. This means that there are no longer tax collectors in the municipality.

Appeal to Skatteetaten

There are different procedures depending on what you are appealing. In most cases you can change the tax return yourself, instead of submitting an appeal.

Work in the Norwegian Tax Administration?

Do you want to work in a significant government agency with the opportunity to be part of a strong, substantial and educational professional enviromment, working with tasks that are relevant for society?  Welcome to the Norwegian Tax Administration!